Ace Of Swords – Breath Of Life
Forgive me if I’ve gone a bit Eye of Sauron here. When I closed my eyes and tuned into today’s card my initial feelings were of a blast of fresh air, being blown by some unseen force. The words breath of life came to mind and I was able to tune into this sense of life force like a breeze blowing against my skin and through me so I both felt this wave of air and was part of it.
The eye indicates clear vision, a clear mind, the ability to see beyond your present circumstances free of emotional hang-ups, physical ailments.
Other words that came to mind were: decisiveness, clarity, impartiality, the beginning, consciousness. My felt sense of The Ace of Swords is coldness, freshness, cleanness, like the air at the top of a snowy mountain, being very focussed and having no distractions.
A few notes on The Breath Of Life:
1. Pneuma (an ancient Greek word for Breath) is the form of circulating air necessary for the systemic functioning of vital organs. It is the material that sustains consciousness in a body. It mediates between the heart (seat of consciousness) and the brain.
2. In Stoic philosophy Pneuma (the breath of life) is the generative principle that organizes both the individual and the cosmos.
3. “Breath of Life,” is a song from the The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, sung in an Elvish language.
4. In cranial osteopathy and craniosacral therapy, the breath of life is seen as an expression of health in the human body producing various rhythms and motions that the therapist uses to assess the state of overall health.
5. Here’s a quote from The Breath of Life by Florence and The Machines:
I was looking for a breath of a life
For a little touch of heavenly light
But all the choirs in my head sang no oh oh oh
- Daily Tarot Card Sketch – The Magician (thetarotpage.wordpress.com)
- Daily Tarot Sketch – Three of Pentacles (thetarotpage.wordpress.com)
- Daily Tarot Sketch – Ten of Cups (thetarotpage.wordpress.com)
- Ace of Swords (ailyssq.wordpress.com)
- Today’s Tarot Meditation Drawing: Ace of Swords (springwolf.net)